Friday, January 26

Thanks for the calls and emails. My mother is doing good. She has an appt next week to see a specialist. Cross your fingers that it is nothing.

As for me, I am fine. Bob thinks the stitches are repulsive and Heather cried for the first day every single time she saw my face. But she has gotten over it. Somewhat. I see the Dr Wednesday to get the sutures out and I assume the biopsy results will be in then. I am confident it is nothing.

I went into Alison's class today for Beach Day. Beach Day. On the coldest day of the year. It was -16 with the wind chill this morning. So cold that the News said not to stay outside for more than a few minutes at a time. Alison wanted to wear shorts and a tank top and wasn't pleased when I made her settle for a skort, t shirt and sweater. She was mad that I wouldn't crawl through the attic to find her flip flops 5 minutes before the bus was coming this morning. Did I mention it was -16 out?

Her teacher nominated me to do crafts. Again. We made paper plate fish with tissue paper scales and paper kites. The kids had fun. I had a head ache after. If I agree to be room parent next year, will someone come over here and slap sense into me? Please?

(Alison is in the brown shirt)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will volunteer to slap sense into you. You could not pay me to be a room parent (and as I understand it, the position is volunteer, so that's a double whammy). I am soooo not that mommy.

I'm glad you are okay - I know I haven't commented much (my computer time is suddenly very scarce) but I think of you!