I don't even know how to start this post or what to write exactly. It has been a long week and a horrible morning. My mother saw the breast specialist yesterday and will be having surgery Friday to remove this lump. I pray to god that it is benign.
This morning we saw a new Dr that our pediatrician referred Alison to because of her anxiety and tics. After filling out the 30 page(no joke) questionnaire and talking to him for almost 2 hours, he feels that our pediatrician was right about Alison. He said he is 99% sure that we are dealing with Tourettes. I can honestly say I was not shocked, this has been in the back of my mind as an option for months. But my heart sank hearing it anyways. We are trying her on a few non-prescription things first to see if that can help her some. He wants her school to set up a 504 plan(Or something like that) to make sure she gets what she needs in school. I am sad and terrified all at once.
I naively thought that Alison didn't notice these tics until last week. I told her I had a tickle in my eye and she looked at me and said,"I get those in my face and I need to do this(mimics a tic). But I tell myself-don't do it, you look stupid. But I can't help it and do it. I didn't tell you because I thought-wow there is something really wrong with me." 
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh Angela - I don't even know what to say. That broke my heart reading what Alison thought about her tics.
Let me know if you need any help/advice with the 504 plan - I have helped many students with accomodations for them.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. You are a wonderful mom, and Heather & Alison are so lucky to have someone so dedicated to them and who loves them so very much. Please let me know if there's anything I can do
Post a Comment