Bummer of a day at Heather's OT. She has been making such great progress all around since starting her therapy 3 times a week. But now she is back to having trouble eating. She chokes on everything,gags and just can't tell what is in her mouth or how much. Her OT has been working with her on it and told me today that she wants us to back step to baby size pieces of soft food and I am supposed to sit with her and only give her 1 bite at a time. I am also supposed to work with her at home with her oral therapy 3 times a day now instead of once. I feel like we are regressing back a year. I know she is making progress over all, but this has been such a long road and somedays I feel like everytime we take steps forward, we take one back. My heart just feels like it breaks over and over for her.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment