Today it is oddly warm outside. And by warm, I of course mean all of 45 degrees. The past week has been bitter cold and gloomy. It has been dark by 3:45 every day. Tomorrow I am escorting Alison's class on a science walk through the town forest. Hopefully it will be unseasonably warm again tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. I need a break from Heather this week. She has had a cold and has been very clingy all week. She has also been on a nap strike for the past 2 weeks. Ugh.
Heather is doing awesome at therapy still though. She had a melt down Monday and her OT showed me some new ways to work on calming her at home. They have been working somewhat. It will take time. The therapist is slowly teaching Heather coping skills too and she says that slowly we will see a difference at home. I am so glad that E.I referred her here and that they accepted her. This therapy is money well spent.
A few nights a go, I took the girls to see the Christmas displays at our local bowling alley(tons of moving decorations). My mother came with us and Heather was in awe. Yesterday at the mall she was speachless when she spotted Santa. She can't wait to sit in his lap. I told her we have to wait for when Alison is with us.
Children's hospital in Boston invited the kids to Breakfast with Santa in December. They are going to be so excited. I can't wait. :)
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
1 comments:
Can Heather give Lucy Santa lessons? :) Lucy has also been on a nap strike - I'm sternly telling her she is too dang young to drop her nap. Now that I'm a SAHM, momma needs that nap more than she does!
Post a Comment