I haven't had the time or energy to give a real update lately. So here goes in catching everyone up...
My next door neighbor(and family friend)'s daughter was diagnosed with leukemia almost 2 weeks a go. It is just so sad. This family is the the kindest family and I have never met sweeter kids than their 2 girls. I have been trying to help them out as much as I can, but I am finding it hard to stay strong because my heart is breaking for her. The parents are looking for other families going through this with a teen to chat with(if anyone knows any, please email me.)
On top of this, Alison hasn't been doing terrific(which I mentioned before). Her ENT wants to go ahead with the sinus surgery that I refused in January. Her allergist is agreeing with the ENT. Dr Ferber(ferber sleep method) wants a sleep study done soon. But her anxiety level is already very high and I can't see adding to it. I had to tell her about our neighbor(Alison spends many afternoons at their house) which added to her worrying. So she is having an especially rough time. Her Dr has been excellent in helping me find ways to help her feel better and we are hopeful that once school ends, she will feel better. Heather is Heather and continues to be puzzling. Some things with her have improved so much, while others haven't improved at all in the past year. She has some important appointments coming up in June and hopefully we can get some answers.
I chaperoned Alison's school trip to the zoo last week. It was hectic, but fun. Somehow I always manage to get the hyper bunch of kids.
(the little girl below with the long hair is Alison's best friend and is donating her hair to locks of love this month)


This week is a calm week for us. Somehow we have very few appointments. I feel lost with this "extra" time. I am not used to it at all. Next week the craziness starts up again though. Both girls have a lot of appointments coming up.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment