I just wanted to brag a little about the girls and how great they are doing. I had a conversation yesterday with Heather's physical therapist. She has been treating Heather for 21 months, a very long time! I asked her yesterday how she felt about how Heather is doing. She said Heather is doing great and as long as she keeps working on her motor, improving her speech and we can get her neck under control that she might even be looking at being discharged from E.I this summer. That would be awesome! I do know not to expect that she will be discharged(we were told she would be by June of 2005) But it is great to hear someone who really knows Heather say how far she has really come.
Heather's speech is really picking up all of a sudden. She mimics everything. She will count up to 12 with no help, she repeats the alphabet with Alison. She is climbing on and off of the couch. (Which for most people is a bad thing, but for Heather it is awesome. Her therapists have worked months on getting her to build enough strength to do that!) She is doing better eating. Not a lot of her gasping and choking which has lowered my stress levels!
Now onto Alison. Where to begin.. About a week a go I received a letter home saying that her teacher has nominated her for a 1/2 class next year. She stated that Alison gets along great with everyone and is very smart. We need to decide if we want her in the 1/2 room or if we prefer her in a regular first grade class next year. We set up a conference to talk to the teacher and principal about the class differences and how it would be on Alison socially and academically.
Alison is reading level 2 books with no help and is quite proud of herself. She has taken up a recent obsession with Presidents and wants to read and learn anything she can about them.
Today I have to take Heather to the Dr. The poor girl just can't shake this fever and is miserable. I am wondering if it could be strep because I woke up yesterday feeling like I swallowed a razor blade. We shall see. Then we will get Alison at school and head to dance to listen to an hour of Neil Sedaka's Calendar girls(picture me wincing!)
And of course a picture. Heather catching bubbles yesterday outside.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
How freaking awesome is all of that?????????????????????? You have the BEST girls!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! The entire entry made me smile (minus the cold part. LOL).
Wow! You must be beaming and bursting with so much pride!!! It is so wonderful to hear about Heather climbing on the couch and chattering! And WTG to Alison with her reading skills!!!
Post a Comment