Thursday, January 19


I took Heather into old Navy. I thought, we'll try something new and I will let her walk instead of sitting in the stroller. Well....
They had a truck in the store next to a display and in the truck sat a fake dog. Heather dragged me across the store making a barking sound. She pointed at the dog and started grunting and trying to jump up to get to the dog. I told her we dont touch, it's pretend. She pondered that for about 1/2 a second and then let out a screech like someone was hurting her. She tried to rip her hand away from mine in an attempt to climb the display to get to the dog. So I picked her up and she arches her back and is barking, screaming and pointing to this dog. I said we cant touch it, heather. So she freaks alittle more and is trying to break free. So I said,"no the doggie bites, we cant touch it." She stops screaming and stares at this dog with her eyes huge. Well, then she wanted out of the store because there is this scary biting dog. We got home and all day, every few minutes she would pause and say " da, bys"(dog bites).

Let this remind you why strollers and shopping carts are a good thing!

Lovely. I have now traumatized my child in an attempt to prevent a major melt down and public humiliation. Bad mommy...

2 comments:

Sara T said...

Ok...that is just funny!!!
What we will do to stop tantrums. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, but that girl is going to be so hard when she gets talking! She knows what she wants.