The sun is out today and except for the foot of snow and freezing winds, it is a nice day. Heather loves playing in the snow. But she refuses to keep her mittens on. She takes them off and grabs snow. She will hold it until her hands turn red, and she still wont put mittens back on. She doesnt seem to notice things being hot or cold. It is really odd. Her therapist said some kids with sensory disorders are undersensitive to certain things. But that has to hurt, how can she not care?
Heather has been eating dry cereal for me this week. She likes to crawl around and pretend to be a dog. So she pretends that is doggie food and will eat it. Whatever gets food into this girl, is fine by me.
I am still waiting to get Heather into her therapy play groups. It will be nice to see her play with other kids. Maybe. Who knows, she may knock them over and hit..lol. I am glad that we are moving some of her therapies back into the office instead of at home. It is easier not to take her out, but I think she will do better there. Here she doesnt listen to them because it is her house.
I have been teaching her more signs. It is so funny to watch her do them all. She has been doing bear and beautiful. I am starting to introduce the potty sign with diaper changes so she can learn that one. Potty training her will be hard because she has communication problems, and I figured this may help make it easier when the time comes.
Alison has dance class today.She was upset because they are starting to learn their recital dance and she got positioned next to the girl who teases her. Every week this girl manages to make someone in the class upset. And her mother sits there ignoring it. Last week she convinced Alison that she is dumb because she cant multiply 1000x2. She is in kindergarten.
Well, my house is a disaster, I better go start cleaning.
(And of course I leave with a picture)
"Say Cheese, Mommy"
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
1 comments:
Hi Ange!! Just saw your blog address in your latest e-mail, and had to come check you out (even at 6:45am before work, lol!!) See, I'm addicted to Heather's pics. Talk to you soon (I'll e-mail from work)
Post a Comment