The weather is perfect. 60's and sunny. Alison came home from school and asked me where her flip flops are. A little anxious for summer I guess. The weather says it is going to snow this weekend though. I am done with winter.
I finally got a call back from the woman here that handles the special education for kids under 5. She told me they will evaluate Heather and decide what she qualifies for. It could be anything from 1 day of therapy a week up to 5 days in their preschool. So she proceeds to tell me that she needs copies of everything from Early Intervention, a letter or recommendation from them, a letter from me formally requesting an evaluation, letter from the Dr with any diagnosis, a letter from OTA and THEN they can start the paperwork to get an evaluation going. And I thought it was going to be easy. Yikes.
Tomorrow is an early release day for Alison and Bob is going to take a sick day. We are planning on taking the kids to the Ecotarium. The kids are having some daddy-withdrawals with him working these 65 hour weeks.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
Well, it's 84 today in Austin. Just throwing it out there. In case, you know. you'd consider moving somewhere that Alison can wear flip flops 9-10 months a year!
Speaking of Alison, did you ever hear from the school about the 504?
Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. And hope you are having fun today on your family day!
I hope you guys had a good weekend! My boys go through daddy withdrawal too.
Post a Comment