Heather had her 3 year old check up today. It was quite an adventure. To say the least. She decided she wasnt going and refused to get dressed. Are we 3 or 13? I finally convinced(bribed) her to get ready and we left. The nurse told her they wanted to weigh her and get her height first. Heather refused and clung to me for dear life. The nurse being ever so helpful told Heather that if she didn't let her weigh her, that she couldn't go home. Nice. Then Heather went from panicked to terrified and traumatized. The nurse tried 3 times to get her to let her weigh her. No luck. Once she left the room, I got Heather's height and weight. The joys of motherhood. The Dr came in and Heather calmed down. She trusts her Dr, which is nice. Heather willingly let her examin her and talked constantly about how she was now 3..lol. The Dr said she wants Heather back in occupational therapy and is fighting the insurance. She also said that she feels Heather should go back into physical therapy. So we will be looking into that again. She told me Heather should go to the Special Ed preschool here next fall. She thinks Heather needs it and said she sees great things from there. I am crossing my fingers that Heather gets a spot.
Did I mention that Heather is 41 inches tall and 37 pounds? Holy cow. No wonder my back hurts.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment